Instagram photos and videos
Who has time to take beautiful yoga photos? NOT me!🙋🏼♀️🤣 So... here is what I have for you. #Reallife of stay at home #mom of two still trying to #work to make her #dreamscometrue. 🙏🏻💫 TRUTH: My kitchen is a mess and I made my son cook his own breakfast (see my stories for how that turned out) because #iaintgottimeforthat .
I’m in the process of reading 5 books, writing my own book, filming yoga classes that help people heal from #chronicpain and trying to prepare for my @spiritledyoga 200 hour Teacher Training with @stoked_yogi this July.
ALSO TRUE: The rest of the house is a mess as well, but I was planning on picking up/cleaning it all today but then I thought what’s the point? In less than 6 hours after I’m done it will look the same, right? Maybe it’s just me? How is the house (especially the kitchen) always a disaster? 😂🤷🏼♀️
Other moms out there... what do you do during the summer when you work from home? I’ve tried to make my kids do the cleaning and the picking up but somehow I feel like that is HARDER than doing it myself. lol 🙈 Anyone else?
#mom #stayathomemom #entrepreneurship #glassesgirl
Please READ if today is hard for you!🐻 #fathersday
Today can be a hard day for many people who didn’t have the Dad they needed growing up. Fathers are not always perfect, no one is but, I just felt this message on my heart today.
You are not your parents. They created you but who your parents are is NOT your identity. You can be whoever you want to be. Regardless if your Father was a great Dad or not, let me just remind you of this: You were divinely created for a purpose.
Forgive. Let go. Move forward.
Know this: YOU are special created with intention. All your pain and heartbreak will be used to help others. Our tragedies can become our triumphs. .
#fathers #notperfect #halmarkcard #godlovesyou #forgive #letgoandletgod
Tell me ... what is your biggest motivation for what you do in life? If you haven’t found it yet, what’s your dream?
Mine is sharing with people that they are never too broken, too old, or too anything to change their life. I’m motivated when I see people transform into who they really are.🙏🏻 It’s truly the most rewarding thing in my life. .
#blessing #sunset #handstand #motivation #noperfectpeopleallowed #findyourpurpose
#legday 🧘♀️ I filmed my practice today but I didn’t have anything exciting to share with you (like a core drill or beautiful yoga flow ... I’m a bit clumsy today) but then I thought that I could talk about music 🎵.... .
This piece of music by Johannes Bornlöf moved me. Sometimes I let the music tell me how to move my body. Sometimes there is no music when I practice but today, this piece literally made me go to my mat. .
Does music inspire you? What are you listening to? Tell me your favorite #music🎵!
#musicmovesme #yogaflow #stripesquad #yogamom
Hi! In case you don’t know me, this photo says a lot about me.
1. I need to clean this mirror. Cleaning mirrors isn’t really high on my to do list.
2. I have a basket of laundry that is done and folded but I haven’t put it away in 2 weeks. I’ve just been digging through it when I need clothes.
3. My T-shirt says “work hard and play nice” - kind of my motto in life.
4. I have a nice camera (see it in the back ground), studied photography but I usually just use my iPhone.
5. My hair is in a bun because I haven’t washed it in 8 days ... I only wash it once a week so I’m a day late. I really am not looking forward to washing it later.
6. I’m an artist. My bedroom wall is painted with chalkboard paint so I can create whenever I feel like it. It’s also not a bedroom but a yoga studio that my husband transformed for me because he’s just that kind of amazing guy. .
There are a few things however that it doesn’t say.
1. I love Jesus and I also love gay people. And, if you love Jesus so should you.
2. I love animals. I am vegan and if you aren’t, we can still be friends.
3. I am 43 soon to be 44 and I still don’t know what the heck I’m doing but I don’t care. I live one day at a time.
4. I don’t drink and if we go out, it won’t bother me in the least if you have a drink or two😉(as long as you aren’t driving)!
5. Last, but not least, I’m a mom of two boys 12 & 14 👨👩👦👦 and I’m married to the hottest guy on earth.
Tell me something about you!
HANDSTAND TIP 🙌🏻 Do you want to learn to handstand but you have no idea where to start? Here is a great exercise you can do to help you get upside-down 🙃 and train your core!
1. Find the hollow body shape. (Tuck tailbone, pull lower ribs in & squeeze everything)
3. Shoulders elevated to ears
4. Breathe and count slowly to 20. .
Do this every day and you will be on your way to #handstand! .
More info in my profile link. Also, Android users ... I’m working on a something special for you.
#learntohandstand #handstands #handstandrills #bygcoredrills #hollowbody #plankworkout
Just checking in to say “hi” 🙋🏼♀️ because I’ve sat at my computer pretty much ALL DAY👩🏼💻. I’ve been working on a handstand plan (for my beloved Android users who ask me daily🙏🏻) that you can download. ⠀
I also realized something today about myself ... I have waaaaayyyy too much info in my brain about handstands. 😂 #imayneverfinish ⠀
What is really funny to me however, is that the quest to learn handstand is really MORE fun than actually doing a handstand! Empowering yourself with knowledge, training your mind and body ... and just the sheer determination to learn a #crazy #hard #circus #trick is LIFE CHANGING! Realizing that YOU CAN DO ANYTHING is a POWERFUL THING!
At any age, regardless of circumstance, you can change yourself (or learn a new trick 🐶)! ⠀ ⠀
If you are looking for a sign to convince you to “do that thing” you’ve been wanting to do ... THIS IS IT. ⠀ ⠀
Life is short ~ Get living!
Just finished an 10 day fast of yoga (asana) ... yes, no physical practice! It feels amazing to step back on my mat today. I also fasted a few other things related to food and only ate home cooked meals made with real ingredients (meaning no processed food). ⠀ ⠀
Should I write a blog about it? I don’t know if anyone cares about this stuff ...😆 #yayornay
I feel it is necessary to rid my life at times of unnecessary habits as a way to assess what is important and what I might be too attached to. I spent a lot of time reading and writing for our @spiritledyoga Yoga Teacher Training manual. I honestly feel like a new person! ⠀ ⠀
I had been eating out a lot and noticed how lazy I had gotten about important things like cooking your own meals. ⠀ ⠀
I was inspired by a documentary I watched on how statistically all of our chronic illness/diseases increase if we don’t cook our own food - no matter if we eat “healthy” or not. I also feel like yoga or exercise in general, can be an obsession if we don’t step back from it and evaluate our true motives ... at least for me anyway. 😊🙏🏻
Just sharing my thoughts today with all of you. What do you think? Do you fast? Do you eat out? What are your thoughts on this?
#plantbased #fasting #yogamat #yogi #practiceyoga #veganlife🌱