Feature #Wednesday I will start posting some of my favorite recipes from some awesome women!
Miércoles de estreno! Estare posteando recetas de mujeres que sigo que se ven divinos.
Que les parece este? ✨
#Repost @eatingbirdfood with @repostapp
For those of us who love avocado more than cheese... 🥑>🧀 these dairy-free taco zucchini boats are pretty much my ideal dinner: protein, veggies + lots of flavor. 🌮💃🏻🙌
To make this recipe (see below) I used a ton of items from @brandlesslife including their organic spices, organic salsa & organic black beans. If you haven't heard of @brandlesslife yet, GO check them out now. They offer everything from pantry staples, home goods & more and everything is $3. No middleman, no brand names, no membership fees, just good deals on high quality stuff! #sponsored #brandless #brandlesslife
-1 clove minced garlic
-1/2 yellow onion, chopped
-1 lb ground turkey
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 teaspoon sea salt
-1 cup chunky salsa
-1 Tablespoon chili powder
-1 teaspoon ground cumin
-1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
-3 zucchini squash
-chopped tomatoes, avocado and jalapeño, for serving
-tortilla chips and extra salsa, for serving
-Mexican cheese, dairy-free or regular (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ground turkey into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon or spatula while it cooks. Add black beans, chili powder, cumin and salsa. Cook 2-3 minutes additional minutes.
3. Meanwhile, as the turkey cooks cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the seeds and center out of each zucchini half, leaving about ¼ inch thick zucchini boat.
4. Place the zucchini (cut-side up) in a 9X13 baking dish. Spoon the turkey mixture into the six zucchini boats.
Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until zucchini boats are heated throughout and zucchini is cooked a bit, but not too soft/limp.
5. Remove foil and serve boats with tomatoes, avocado and jalapeño slices.
6. Serve with chips and salsa, if desired